Construction Insurance and Services
Developing a Framework for Risk Management
USI’s Construction Practice delivers industry leading solutions and services across a wide range of clients including general contractors, trade contractors, property owners, investors and construction professionals. Our in-depth expertise aligns with all phases of the construction process so we can protect your business and your bottom line from start to finish.
We advise clients in the construction industry managing business risks related to Workers Compensation, Property Coverage, General Liability, Umbrella/Excess Liability, Automobile Liability, Contractor’s Equipment, Marine – Wet & Dry, Management & Professional Services, Environmental Risks, Cyber Risks, International Exposures, Claims & Risk Control, Certificate Review & Tracking and more.
USI's Construction Practice also offers specialty construction services including:
- Contract Review and Insurance Policy Compliance
- Experience Mod Review and Analysis
- Loss Forecasting
- Owner Controlled and Contractor Controlled Insurance Programs (OCIPs and CCIPs) including Wrap Portal ™ proprietary administration management system
- Project Specific General Liability Programs – Owner and/or General Contractor
- Builders Risk Insurance, including the USI Exclusive Program for property owners, developers and contractors*
- Equipment Floaters
- Surety Services
- Subcontractor Default Insurance
- Crane & Rigging and Heavy Equipment Insurance Programs
- Sub-Contractor Risk Management
- CAT Facility, a proprietary USI program for creating pricing and coverage stability for catastrophic risk exposures*
- 50 state Proprietary and exclusive Builder’s Risk program with pre-negotiated terms, conditions and rates for USI clients (certain size thresholds exist for combustible and non-combustible projects).*
* Proprietary and exclusive USI programs.
To analyze our clients' business issues and challenges, our Construction team leverages USI ONE®, a fundamentally different approach to risk management. USI ONE integrates proprietary business analytics with a network of local and national technical experts in a team based consultative planning process to evaluate the client’s risk profile and identify targeted solutions. Clients then receive tailored recommendations for improving their total cost of risk.
Experience the USI ONE Advantage® and learn how our construction practice can help you manage your construction business risks providing greater protection and control. Email PCsolutions@usi.com to learn more or contact your local USI office today.
USI reviewed a new client’s Builder's Risk Program and determined that the definition of underground and site related work was very narrow in scope. USI also reviewed the project-specific details and used our Builder's Risk Program to cover site-related work. High straight line winds collapsed a retaining wall under construction causing $230,000 in damages. As a result of USI’s comprehensive analysis and our program’s broad policy language the claim was fully covered.
A mid-size General Contractor was looking to increase profit margins and be more competitive against other GC firms. USI implemented a combined Worker’s Compensation & General Liability Rolling Contractor’s Controlled Insurance Program (CCIP) which provided an additional revenue stream equal to .5% of the enrolled construction values. The enrolled values totaled $150MM over two years. With USI’s involvement, the client increased its operating margin by over $750,000 over this two-year timeframe which allowed the company to win additional contracts.
Not a client yet?
Speak to a representative at your local USI office today!