Maritime Risk Management and Protection
At USI, we understand the risk management challenges of the marine industry including factors such as operating procedures, contractual relationships and the impact of Federal legislation such as the United States Longshore and Harbor Workers Act and the Jones Act. Our Marine & Logistics team includes veteran marine and technical experts skilled in identifying insurance solutions specific to Commercial Shipyards, Marine Contractors, Tug & Barge Companies, Vessel Owners, Cargo Carriers and other marine-related industries.
USI advises marine and logistics companies on managing general business risks and also offers a range of specialty products and services specifically to address marine exposures including:
- Comprehensive Supply Chain Protection - USI CargoSafe Program
- USL & H / State Act Evaluation
- Marine General Liability
- Ship Repairers Legal Liability
- Maritime Employers Liability
- Bumbershoot / Excess Liability
- Hull & Machinery Coverage
- Protection & Indemnity
- Pollution – Vessel and Environmental
- Vessel Brokerage / Charterers Legal Liability
- Contractors Equipment -including floating equipment
- Ocean Cargo
- Waterfront Safety Audits
- Contractual Review
- Marine and OSHA Loss Control
- Management and Professional Liability
- International Exposures
To analyze our clients' business issues and challenges, our Marine & Logistics team leverages USI ONE®, a fundamentally different approach to risk management. USI ONE integrates proprietary business analytics with a network of local and national technical experts in a team based consultative planning process to evaluate the client’s risk profile and identify targeted solutions. Clients then receive tailored recommendations for improving their total cost of risk.
Experience the USI ONE Advantage® and learn how our Maritime and Logistics solutions can help keep your business afloat. Email email@example.com to learn more or contact your local USI office today.